Future of the WSC Project
As NA grows, the World Service Conference has been growing along with it. That may sound like good news, but it’s more complicated than that. The larger the Conference becomes, the more expensive and, after a point, the less effective it gets. At the last two WSCs, participants had a series of sessions in breakout rooms about the future of the WSC and how to best meet the needs of NA in an ever-growing Fellowship. In each of these rooms, much of the discussion highlighted the possibility that the way forward rests, in part, with our use of zones.
We plan to continue discussing the future of the WSC and the role of zones. There are two related aspects of this conversation: 1. the effectiveness and sustainability of the Conference, 2. the size and shape of the WSC.
Our hope for these conversations is that they help the Conference come to agreement about a vision for itself that serves our collective needs as a Fellowship, uses its fair share of Fellowship resources, and allows for effective discussions and decision making. The resources on this page are offered as ideas and tools to further this conversation.
Updated WSC 2016 Planning Our Future Resources
Pre-WSC 2016: Planning our Future Resources
- Future of WSC Session PowerPoint | Spanish
- Future of WSC Session PowerPoint in PDF | Spanish
- Future of WSC Session script | Spanish
- Zonal Map with Survey Data | Spanish
- Zonal Survey Data | Spanish
- Zonal Survey Data and Role of Zones Workshop Graphs and Charts | Spanish
- WSC 2014 Meeting Record from Planning Our Future Sessions
- Needs of NA / Why We Gather Mind Map
- Essay from 2014 Conference Report
News for the Public
Contains links to items of interest to the general public and professionals about the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous
Please contact the webmaster if you have any comments, are not able to find something that you are looking for, or have any questions about the web site.
SUBSCRIBEto our Periodicals and Other Publications