Thank you to all who participated in reviewing the Traditions material over the past year! We received hundreds of pages of input on the draft chapters, and each batch of chapters improved based on the responses and ideas we received from the Fellowship. We are still hard at work on the revisions, and the approval form of the Traditions workbook will be published in the Conference Agenda Report in November 2015.
Project history highlights:
- World Service Conference adopts a regional motion directing NA World Services to develop a project plan to create a Traditions workbook.
- Fellowship literature survey indicates that a Traditions workbook was most desired, with roughly 80% of respondents indicating “needed” or “much needed.”
- Traditions Project Plan adopted by World Service Conference with strong support.
- Plan provided for 2 years input/idea gathering from 2012–2014, and 2 years for drafting, review, and input.
- The Fellowship submitted hundreds of pages of written input, as well as speaker recordings and many different types of Traditions worksheets.
- Input came in from more than 20 US states and at least 12 countries outside the US.
- Workgroup was formed to review raw material from Fellowship and begin drafting chapters.
- Four 90-day review and input (R&I) periods took place to help shape material.
- Approval form to be included in Conference Agenda Report for decision at WSC 2016.
Once again, we are very grateful to all those who took the time to participate in reviewing the draft chapters. Your comments and suggestions have gone a long way to help improve the overall quality of this workbook. The later drafts reflect some of the changes indicated by the Fellowship response to earlier chapters, and the input we received on later chapters will help us further refine the final draft.
Thank you for helping to make this the best piece of literature possible. Our hope is not just that the Fellowship finds this resource good enough to be approved, but more importantly that the workbook will be useful and beneficial to us all as NA members, as NA groups, and in NA service.
News for the Public
Contains links to items of interest to the general public and professionals about the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous
Please contact the webmaster if you have any comments, are not able to find something that you are looking for, or have any questions about the web site.
SUBSCRIBEto our Periodicals and Other Publications