This year's PR Week is set for 5-10 June 2023.
We encourage every PR area, regional, and zonal committee to commit to at least one activity. We will be offering suggestions; yet, you are free to get creative and choose what may work best for your committee. We are offering a link to PR week for ideas for activities and resources for posters, banners, billboards, etc.
Activity suggestions highlighted below are from experienced members who participate in NA World Services PR web meetings and zonal PR/Fellowship development meetings. Members who generated these ideas suggested that PR subcommittees order Basic Text blue t-shirts that include the NA PR logo or the NA logo on the front, and the PR week slogan on the back, along with your area/regional/zonal website and/or helpline number.
Suggested PR Week theme/slogan: We All Are PR
- Commit to follow up with contacts previously initiated.
- Knock on one new door—reach out to a community provider.
- Have a poster/flyer or pharmacy card campaign.
- Donate NA Basic Texts to local, school, and/or college libraries.
- Participate in community health fairs, festivals, community resource days, pride day, etc.
- Collaborate with another area on a combined PR activity.
- Hold learning days that feature NA Traditions and include helpline, website, and H&I members.
- PSAs and NA Videos for professionals
Many PR members may choose virtual activities. Some of the activity areas can happen online.
Culminate your week with a celebration that may feature:
- PR skits with do’s and don’ts for PR.
- PR speakers.
- a 1K fun walk/run or 5K or 10k fun-raising and awareness-raising walk/run that ends in a park with a celebration event.
- Food events such as a barbeque, potluck, chili cook-off, and so on.
Here you may find some past activities suggestions from around the world.
NAWS updates the information for the Membership Survey following the World Convention and online survey responses. Currently, the statistician has been entering the data from the World Convention; we estimate 8K completed the survey. We received 16,865 completed online surveys. Once we have the updated information, we will inform you.
Here are links to the current versions:
English | French | German | Polish| Portuguese | Spanish - European Version | Swedish
PR web meetings are held quarterly for PR trusted servants. Our next meeting is 9 May at 4pm pst. Please sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reaching Out is a quarterly publication for inmates, H&I committees and professionals. You can subscribe electronically or download for printing here. Currently, Reaching Out is translated by local translations committees into 4 languages – Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, Japanese and Italian.
H&I web meetings are held quarterly for H&I trusted servants. The next H&I meeting is 29 May at 4pm pst. Please join us. You can sign up at email@example.com
The Basics – PR, H&I and Phoneline.
Public Service Announcements – we have an array and can offer large files for your viewing on this page.
Local service committees have also developed and shared their own PSAs which you can access here.
News for the Public
Contains links to items of interest to the general public and professionals about the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous
Please contact the webmaster if you have any comments, are not able to find something that you are looking for, or have any questions about the web site.
SUBSCRIBEto our Periodicals and Other Publications